Pages

December 8, 2014

Arrows for Lisa's Traveling Quilt

 

I had been wanting to try these arrows and when Lisa's traveling quilt came to me, I knew this was the right project for them. I used the free tutorial by Carla at Grace and Favour. It's a good tutorial. Easy to follow. The process leaves lots of big scraps but they're big enough to work nicely into other projects, so I don't think of it as waste. For my arrows I fussy cut the arrow heads and the little pieces that form the very bottom tail of the stem.



I love Lisa's colour palette. It's not one I would have thought of. Lisa started with the feathers (another project I want to try - Anna Maria Horner has a free pdf pattern and tutorial for them) and Jaclyn added the flying geese. I especially like the row of narrow flying geese. I've never seen those done like that before. I didn't attach my arrows. I've left them for others to attach as they see fit.



For the end of January I have to have my contribution to Sheila's traveling quilt finished. I know what I'm going to do but won't get started until the new year. The traveling quilts (11 of them) are a time consuming project but I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on it and I can't wait to see what's happening with my Zodia quilt.

Here's the doll quilt I made with my leftovers.




 


3 comments:

  1. LOVE these arrows! Can't wait to get the top back next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather these turned out beautiful! it makes my fingers itch to want to try some, ... and the feathers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the arrows! They are a perfect fit for Lisa's quilt. Love the little doll quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

peace.love.quilt.comment