Pages

December 8, 2014

A Quilt for Juliet's Baby Dolls

Carol's grand daughter, Juliet,  has discovered dolls! So she needs a quilt for them, right? I had some leftover trimmings from another project and was happy to put them into this little project. This one really was a quick project ... even for me! It's pretty cute, I think.

I had leftover bits from making arrows for Lisa's traveling quilt project. I added a few bits of other fabric from the scrap bin. The text fabric is especially dear to me. It's what I used as background fabric for my daughter's quilt and also on Juliet's baby quilt. I was glad that for this project, the scrap piece has the phrase "City of Bridges" in it. *smile*

I made a little pillow out of the backing fabric and because I didn't really like the way the way the centre sting pieced triangles fit together, I covered the joint with a little coordinating yo-yo.

Carol tells me that Juliet has already been tucking her babies in with it multiple times.

The doll modeling the quilt in the photos is my own from when I was a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

peace.love.quilt.comment